Monday, November 8, 2010

Last Round of 2010


My last round of 2010 was yesterday, Sunday November 7th. Good friend and I played 18 holes at Smiley's, a short par 60 course.


I played well, turning in a 82 (+12), could have been a lot lower (imagine that) but short game was off. This was my first round since end of September, so was naturally going to struggle. I was quite content with how my long game was - no mishits really, just focused on getting my body involved as best I could due to a torn ACL - which is why it's my last round.


When I look back on this year's escapade of golf, I'm happy. I didn't get to improve my hcp (14) too much, currently sitting at a 12.3, due to money and injuries. As I get older, I realize that there is a lot of time to second guess the methods of the swing - it's enlightening, it's downright fun actually. The problem is, it's no way to go through this beautiful game. Sometimes I think to myself if I was a great golfer, and could shoot 60 every round - would I truly enjoy it?


It's the struggle of this game that allows me to look back, content. I bid 2010 farewell because I have surgery on my right knee this Thursday. I'll be out of athletics for at least another 6 months. It definitely has the potential to be depressing - but once I see the snow hit here in Kansas, I'll be fine knowing I'm not missing out. Besides, the mental game is something you can never stop practicing.


Looking forward to 2011.

No comments: